Wednesday, June 14, 2006

hazy, lazy days of summer...

Holy cow it's been a long time since my last post... how unblogger-like. All is well, though after the long weekend I spent two weeks sick. First, a bad cold, then strep throat - yuck. Since then we've had lots of fun weekend plans and other things going on, and I've let blogging - and being on our home computer after work in general - slide into a hazy warm weather oblivion!

There's much to catch up on, here and over at other blogs I've been neglecting, but not now... for now I need to focus my energies and time on the upcoming Art in the Park show. As of tomorrow I only have a month left and oodles of painting to do - and a trip to Vegas in between!

I've barely done any painting in the past few weeks, and I don't know why this is. I love to paint, I whine daily about not doing it enough. This may be the last summer of shows I do for a while. So why am I procrastinating instead of burning the midnight oil? Am I just too tired/busy? Am I afraid of being unhappy with new work? Who knows, but it's starting to make me nuts! I need a plan and some motivation. I swore I would paint tonight, and even if it's only for a half hour before bed, dammit I will!

Will try to post pics of new work soon.

p.s. Gill if you stop by, thanks so much for the Project Spectrum ~green~ postcard! Great job with Photoshop, and love the story that came with it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Schwake said...

feel better!!! we had that cold here and I am still coughing away... no strep though, sorry to hear!
hope your art in the park and your Vegas trip are a blast!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Feel better! Glad you are back!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home